The New Year is an opportunity, albeit rather arbitrary, to look back over my recent life.
Here are a few things I learned about myself, or that were reinforced for me, during 2010:
- I am capable of taking decisions and acting upon them.
- I can undertake a large project and see it to fruition (NaNoWriMo).
- I am realizing that I am increasingly known and appreciated within my professional community.
- I have a much clearer idea of what I want to do with my life, both creatively and in terms of my personal mission.
- I still react badly to extreme events beyond my control (the Carmel forest fire).