Sunday, March 31, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo - daily blog posts in April

Once again I'm taking part in a writing challenge. This time, Camp NaNoWriMo allows participants to set their own word count targets, and actively encourages people to write things other than novels (if they want).

I decided that during April I will use the motivation these challenges give me to write a blog post every day. I really enjoy writing my blog, and feel disappointed in months when I find I haven't written very often. Perhaps writing every day will help me make this part of my routine, so that I will continue to write every day, or at least more frequently, even when the month is over. I hope that eventually I will write my blog often, even when I am working on other writing projects (in addition to my paid translating work, which I also consider a form of writing).

The title of my blog, Reality and Fiction, gives me a lot of freedom to choose subjects. I will review some of the books I have read in the past few months, but also refer to things that happen to me and things I learn about the world. I am not worried about not being able to think of a subject to write about, or about not reaching my chosen word count target, which is, admittedly, lower than the 50,000 word target for writing a novel in the "classical" NaNoWriMo challenge.

If any readers would like to ask questions or make suggestions in the comments, I will be happy to address them during the month.

Happy writing to all Camp NaNoWriMo participants, and to bloggers everywhere!

1 comment:

Ariadne said...

Good luck!Writing on your blog every day? I tried it but it is difficult.
I decided to base my blog more on photos too.AriadnefromGreece!